Friday, July 23, 2010

wow, what a day

So, if you've read the previous post, I wore the new 'Amanda' Mary Janes to work today - which involves a 45 minute train journey, a 20 minute walk, a whole day with my colleagues and the walk and train trip home again.

As I found out within 10 steps of the car this morning, even with dark socks on, they are really visible as girls shoes.   The bulbous toe box and the scoop are always on show, as is the first strap, and thats without sitting down with the whole shoe on show.

I sat on the train, pretty nervous, as people sat behind me and across the other side would be able to see my shoes, but I think they were too absorbed in their own early morning headspaces to notice.

Walking to work was more interesting, I'm pretty sure a few girls noticed as their eyes dipped for a second and then back up to verify I was a man.  Again, nobody said anything if they really did clock me.

The office was a bit more of a challenge as where I now sit is very open in the middle of the office, but nobody even noticed for the whole day, even when I went for coffees with a couple of the girls.  It really is amazing how unobservant people are!!

I took these under my desk :)





































I left work a little early so to avoid the peak hour commute, and took some shots before I left - pretty cool hun, to have work these for a whole day and nobody notice - damn, I think I could wear a pair of frickin' high heeled boots and nobody would be any the wiser!!


























So,filled with confidence, I walked back through the shopping district of the city where I live, through the crowds of teenagers, through the mall and back again, even spending time looking at books in a large bookshop and asking the assistant for recommendations.  I'm pretty sure lots of the girls I walked past saw what I was wearing - actually, thats one observation I had - blokes do not see these things at all.  They just don't notice.  Girls on the other hand, do check you out and sometimes do spot the tell-tale signs.  

The youngest sales girl in the bookstore definitely saw what I was wearing as I caught her looking at me more than would have been normal.  I'm not a bad looking bloke, but I'm almost certainly twice her age, so there's not really a physical reason for her to keep checking me out, other than she saw I had mary janes on!   She didn't bat an eyelid when I went to pay though!  I was half expecting her to comment!

Walking back to the station I had a couple of glances from girls as I walked past - I was really wanting some of the really cute Japanese girls to notice and say something, but they didn't.  Bah!

Waiting at the station, I sat on a bench with my bag at my feet - an older lady on the next bench was staring at me a lot - then I realised she could see the whole of my right shoe, straps and all - it must have been really obvious to her, but she didn't say anything either.

And now I'm home, the shoes are safely stashed waiting for another adventure and its almost beer o'clock.

More tales from wearing Mary Janes in public another time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment