Friday, March 4, 2011

Around the world in Mary Janes

I have some good news.  My new brown twin strap Doc's are actually a better fit that I first thought, all is not lost as I had previously supposed!!!

I've worn them a few times and they actually fit perfectly - woo for a size 7 then :)

Anyway, I had to go on another trip, and just like last time, I thought I'd wear a pair of my Doc's - what better opportunity than to take my new brown ones for a spin.

They are actually seriously girly when you look at them - the perforations on the toe just scream 'little girl' - I think the brown finish actually makes them more girly rather than less.

So, I donned a nice clean pair of white socks (of course), packed my Amanda ones too with the knee high white lacy socks and set off.  I too some photos as I went about my travels, at the airport, stop over and all sorts.




They're very cool shoes and they fitted well enough that I wore them for 24 hours straight with no issues, including some very long walks through the airport where I had to change planes.  I got tons of looks, quizzical expressions, stares etc, but no comments.  None at all.  You really can just do what you want, nobody will question you.  I was worried about being snapped with a cam phone and plastered on the internet, but somehow I don't think that's a big deal.  Maybe someones facebook page has a picture of me on, who knows!

Anyway, on the way back, I did the same thing, I'd washed my socks with super whitening powder so they really shone and glowed.  Lots of people noticed, again, nobody said a thing.  I'm a bit disappointed really, one of these days I'd like a nice girl to comment!!








Such a lot of fun, especially at the baggage reclaim, everyone was trying not to look.  Brilliant.

It was sad to come home again, knowing I'd have to take them off.  Except I had other ideas ;)  But before I tell you about that, there's more from my trip that I need to share - you'll have to wait till next time ;)

2 comments:

  1. "I was worried about being snapped with a cam phone and plastered on the internet,

    Or cut the middle person and post them yourself ;)

    Great story there! I hope you picked up a whole bunch of those so-awesome stripy socks you got in the UK the last time you went.

    I love them, I haven't seen them here, at all. Even in the girl's sock section. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Al - haha - thats funny! its pictures of my face I don't need all over the net!

    I got some good pink socks from the UK, but nothing I can easily wear day to day

    ReplyDelete