Friday, March 25, 2011

I did it

wow, I finally went through with my plan in the previous post.

I had the tight cropped pedal pusher jeans, pink girls sports polo and my triple straps in a bag.  I changed in a toilet in the city and locked my male clothes in the bag - the keys to while were back in my car at the station.  45 minutes train ride away.

I was now stuck in a toilet, in the middle of a mall in the city, with no way other than to brazen it out and go home dressed up like that.

Awesome.

I took some photos before I walked out, well, of my legs, there wasn't a good mirror.



I discovered that the mall had closed whilst I was in the toilet - so I had to ask a maintenance guy to let me out - embarrassing, but he didn't even blink.

As I walked through the city, I got so many looks, I'm not surprised - I don't look anything like a girl!
The rail ticket inspectors did a double take and I caught them looking at me as I went down the escalator to the platform - a raised eyebrow from me and they looked away!  Clearly I looked very suspect!  Well, lets face it, tight cropped womens pedal pushers and a pink tshirt on a bloke is not exactly normal!!

I took this on the platform as I waited for the train


Got some very interesting looks as I got on the train, it was well past rush hour though, so it wasn't packed.  One guy keep staring, which was a bit disconcerting.  As I got off the train, everyone looked as I walked past, some even craning their necks to get a better look.  The guards by the station entrance were having a good whisper to themselves too.

This is the station that I travel from every day - hopefully people were focussing on the clothing and not the face!!!

All in all - a good adventure, but this city and town where I live is too small to do this a lot - eventually someone I know will see me and thats not good.  I think I'll have to wait till I go on another around the world adventure to dress up again in public like this.

Do you reckon I should wear this (or maybe a tunic dress too) on the plane?

3 comments:

  1. Superawesome look there! I would have loved to see the people's expressions on their face when they saw you ;)

    *hats off to you for your bravery!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Al - I love this combo an unnatural amount! I'd have loved to have seen more expressions too, but I was way too busy being nervous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How comfortable did you find the shoes with bare feet? Did they rub up any blisters? If they're genuine original DMs, they should be fine to wear all day long with no socks.

    Boys and girls in the UK in the 1970s and 80s often used to wear T-bars like that on a summer afternoon; even if they had been given socks to wear in the morning, the shoes would usually be replaced without the socks after paddling, tree-climbing or some other activity which required bare feet.

    ReplyDelete