Monday, July 4, 2011

Challenge

I've been toying with the idea of making my next trip around the world more interesting

Last time I just wore my brown double t's with white socks - it's a very unusual combo for a guy and a few people noticed but never said anything. Then I did the stuck in the city thing, having to travel home in a pair of girls capri length jeans, a pink girls tshirt and the triple strap Docs. I felt massively self conscious but it was ok, a few stares but that's all. I wished, in both cases that I'd gone a little further. Not a dress and heels, cos I'm really not a wannabe girl in broad public daylight, but just a combination that was a little further off the male chart and more into the alternative androgynous look. Readers nay recall I bought a thigh length grey jumper dress - well, with the capri jeans - why not? It's a very questionable look, but with no attempt to be a girl outside of that - is it a look that I could pull off in public?

Well, I wore it to the late night chemist and nobody batted an eyelid - maybe that's just the polite thing to do, but either way, I can wear it without a problem. So I've gone in search of some different jumper dresses, some more femme, some more androgynous. I'm going to wear that combo around the world - no backup outfits, travelling 100% girls clothes. In a dress, no less.

I've also bought some very cute dungarees/denim overalls (depending on where you come from) - women's cut, ankle length with turn ups. To go with that, a pink and white baseball type tshirt with 3/4 length sleeves with a rainbow and 'Missy' written on the front with large letters. I don't know why that appeals, but either way, I'll look very questionable, especially in girls doc martens. Maybe the black shiny double t Mary Janes? Or the Amanda double strap ones? No hiding them. Could be fun - maybe I'll save that for the trip home.

So - what would be your reaction if you saw someone dressed like that? Would you point and laugh? Inwardly laugh but say nothing? Be secretly jealous that they have the guts to do something you wish you could? Or just not care either way?

I'll let you know what the stuff looks like when it shows up!

The only trouble with this, is that if i actually go through with it - what to do if I want to go further next time? Fly in a dress and heels? Go dressed in a school girl uniform? It's not going to end well!! Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment