Tuesday, July 13, 2010

new shoes

I've just bought some new Mary Janes - god bless you ebay!

So, at some point, I'll have some Dr Martens 'Amanda' mary janes arriving in the post

These are a little more obvious I think than the twin strap t-bar pair, as the front scoop comes down a bit lower towards to toes.  I don't see my jeans being able to cover that up so easily!  They also have nice floral details on the heels just to make it a little more obvious that these are not male shoes (as if that wasn't obvious enough already!)  I can't wait to wear these to the shops with some white socks!

I also bought some burgundy/brown Dr Martens triple strap mary jane t-bar shoes - these are pretty similar to the black twin strap t-bar pair


In some ways, these are less girly than both the other pairs, but they do have a higher heel - I suspect I'll be wearing these a lot in public and to work - probably more than the original pair.  I love the 3 strap look, its very striking, which might prompt people to look more closely at them.  Perhaps they'll see I am wearing school socks, or frilly ankle socks like these I just bought



All I know is - I can't wait!

I have a company do on Friday - I think my 2 strap MJ's might make an appearance - wonder what it'll be like to shake hands with the CEO whilst wearing girls shoes ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I represent a fun site where guys where Mary Jane and other shoes traditionally worn by girls. Here is our address. http://www.mary-janeshoes.com/phpbb/index.php Feel free to join us. Once you have an account you'll find me there. I am MaryJane93 and I believe, we'll become true friends. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey - looks like an interesting site - I had no idea so many people liked the same thing! When I wear my MJ's on the train tomorrow, maybe I should keep a lookout ;)

    ReplyDelete