Monday, July 19, 2010

New shoes!!

My new Mary Janes arrived and they are amazing!

First impressions (quickly in the carpark before I went home) were that they were a lot more comfortable than the twin strap ones and that the toe scoop comes down a lot lower, exposing more of my socks - could be fun in public with white socks then ;)

They are very comfy to wear as I managed to get them in my exact size, unlike the other ones, which are really 1/2 size too small.  Even with dark socks, they are fairly easy to spot as the scoop comes down so low and the toe box is quite wide, which is typical of girls shoes.  Still, I can't wait to wear them out for real.

I also got my cable knit knee high school socks and the short ankle length frilly ones, which will certainly be a problem to wear out, but hey, thats some of the fun, isn't it?

Here's some more pics

























Here's some with my jeans rolled up and the frilly ankle socks







































Cute, huh?  Can't wait to wear these out - probably not with the white frilly socks though, unless I have my longer jeans on.   I had thought about wearing these out with some old dark socks, perhaps to work, and then ditching the dark socks, forcing me to come home with some white socks on.  People would definitely notice and there would be very little I could do.  I don't think I'd do it with the frilly socks, but cable-knit ones would be awesome!

Whilst I was trying these on, I also got the twin strap Mary Janes out and took a few (slightly blurry, sadly) shots of them with the ankle socks.










































































Best shoes and socks ever :)  I have to get petrol for the car later - I vote to wear the new MJ's!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Sir,

    I also share your likings! I love your Doc double T's I have a pair myseld but in a size 9 and I'm cursed by wearing a size UK 11/12 :(

    It's more challenging for me to find shoes, but when I do, I pounce on them.

    I'm also a regular of the site mentioned to you.
    And I also hang out on flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/44144665@N05/

    Awesome pictures and sockies too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey :) Shame you don't have smaller feet :( ah well - you'll have to live vicariously through me for Doc Marten MJ's instead! You have the whole matching shirt and sicks with MJ's thing going on - I love your style!

    ReplyDelete