Thursday, July 29, 2010

Triple Straps

My new triple strap Doc Martens arrived in the post today - they're awesome!

To refresh your memories, here's what they look like


I had to wait until the end of the day and it was time to go home to try them on.  I slipped them on in the toilets and they are lovely, but sadly, just a tiny bit too small :(  Although they are a UK 7, they are smaller than my size 7 black shiny twin strap t-bar MJ's - gah!  I might have to get a shoe stretcher and see if I can get another 1/2 size out of them as my toes were a just a little too tight onto the end of the shoe to make them comfortable to wear all day  *sob*

Took this pic just before I left work



Anyway, not to be deterred as I am very stubborn, I decided to wear them home - I had brown shoes on anyway, so it was only a style change, albeit to a slightly feminine style (the heels are pretty high compared to the other shoes I have)

These shoes are much more androgynous than the other 2 pairs I have - nobody batted an eyelid as I walked back to get the train - even though my work trousers are quite a bit higher than jeans and show off most of the shoe.

Waiting at the station





















'
'
















I decided to sit on the side facing seats on the train even though I didn't have to - so people would be able to look at me if they chose, but throughout the 40 minute journey, I only got one look from a creepy older man who kept looking at me out of the corner of his eye.  Very odd.

So, these shoes, even though they are womens DM T-bar mary janes, are totally passable in public, even in a work context, without anyone noticing.   Result!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love creepy old subway men :P *kidding*

    They do look more androgynous, but to be honest, I'm not a fan of huge platform/chunky soles. In my book, nothing beats your Doc double T's I Bet you noticed the extra 3 inches you gained wearing them! :)

    ReplyDelete