Monday, November 15, 2010

Noooooo!

I'm plagued by misfortune and stupid sizing of shoes!

As you may remember from the last post, I just bought some new Dr Martens in a size 8, thinking that these would be bigger and enable me to wear them all day without any problems.

Well, the shoes arrived and they're gorgeous.

Except they are no bigger than my black twin strap shiny ones, which are a UK 7.

The reason - these ones are made in China and the shape of the shoe, particularly around the toebox is totally different to the ones made in England.

*sob*

so they don't really fit any better than a UK 7, plus, I'm not so keen on the look of the toe, which is much more pointed than the bulbous asymmetrical toe box on the UK made shoe.

Damn damn damn!!

So, at some point in the near future, I'm going to have a shoe sale to get rid of the ones that dont fit me well, see if I recover some of the money and use it to fund some shoes that do.  Which might have to be in a shoe shop, if I can get over my embarrassment.

2 comments:

  1. Oh crud! that sucks PMJ! :| sorry to hear this. You've heard me mention the superior craftsmanship of the good ones made in the UK. Now you saw firsthand.

    I hope you find some from the UK. Why don't you try taking them to a shoe repair place to have them stretched? they have those massive industrial shoe stretching machines that may stretch them at least 1/2 inch.

    Well, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw this comment - gah! Yeah, it does suck and I really can't wear them - the straps barely fasten :( The new ones that I found which I thought were a UK8 turn out to be a 7 **sob**

    I'll have to ask at a shoe place, see what they can do

    ReplyDelete