Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh man, its happened again

Sorry for the hiatus, I just haven't had the chance for hi-jinks recently - I know, lame, you don't have to tell me.

Anyway, last time, I had just bought some lovely brand new brown twin-strap Doc Marten mary-jane type shoes, only to discover that they were too small as they were a Chinese variant of the shoe which has a totally different shape to the UK made ones.

So I have (if anyone wants them and are a UK size 7) - a pair of redundant brown shoes.

I decided to scour ebay again in search of some larger ones, some UK8's or US 10 - they'll be fine as thats closer to my actual shoe size.  This took a little time, and with Christmas in the middle, I had to wait until I could justify opening my wallet again ;)

Anyway, a gorgeous pair of hardly worn brown US size 10 twin straps show up and I'm there like a shot.  They arrive yesterday and I realise they are pretty tight.

They are a UK 7 - even though they were advertised as a US 10, which is an 8.

Bugger.

They're lovely though, and only a little small (at least compared to the actual size 10's from before that I really can't wear) so I think I'll keep them and try to stretch them a little to make them fit.  Somehow the brown ones are actually more girly than the black ones - I was expecting it to be the other way around!  Ah well - should be fun when I wear them out then ;)

So - photos for your viewing pleasure!  I wore them with my lacy school socks, just to set them off - cute huh?



Hopefully I'll get more chances this week to wear these shoes, we'll see how it goes - anything I do manage will get blogged - promise!

2 comments:

  1. Argh! sorry to hear that. If these fit better, I'm sure a professional stretching will fix them for you. They look fab! I love the brown color. :) and how they look with your perelines and blue jeans for the perfect casual look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Al - I think they'll be fine with a little stretching - they're so close to the right size - just a fraction small all round - same as the burgundy ones and the black single strap T's too.

    ReplyDelete