Sunday, August 11, 2013

So as I was saying..

Flying dressed as a girl is an interesting experience. Especially as I don't look like one at all. No attempt made, obviously a bloke.  I even have a beard. 

People aren't sure what to make of it, they give furtive glances or ignore you completely (or maybe are too absorbed in their own world to care? That's possible). 

I was wearing a pastel jumper dress, really femme skinny flare jeans and heeled boots and nobody said a word. I do believe it would be possible to fly in a ball dress and opera gloves and you'd only get a few odd looks. 

The moral of this tale is as follows. 

If you want to wear something in public, just do it. Especially if you're young, nobody will give too hoots. Want to wear a skirt - just go for it. Heels? Sure, combine with a sharp suit and some makeup and you'll have the whole androgynous look going.  I suspect most people will be positive in their reaction. 

I wore nail polish out the other day. Normal clothes, nothing fancy, nails done. Nobody cares. 


So there ya go. I'm going to try to get some more shots of myself over the next week or so wearing this outfit out and about. Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment